5 Common Tax Mistakes
Updated: Apr 5, 2020
Chris Worby a Trusted Regina Financial Advisor talks about 5 Common Tax Mistakes.
Well, we all know it’s coming – tax time is inevitable!
And we all know a guy who says, “Keep that receipt, it’s deductible!”
Well, ‘that guy’ is often right but misses a few details. That’s why it can be really helpful to take a look at a list like this or talk with a financial advisor to figure out truth from fiction.
According to tax experts, these are five common problems that can cause mistakes when people file their tax returns:
1. Miss deductions such as medical, transit pass and caregiver credits.
2. Lose or misplace receipts.
3. Unaware of changes to tax laws.
4. Don't understand how investments are taxed.
5. Don't understand how to transfer tuition or medical expenses between family members.
If you have questions regarding tax planning with your investments, give us a call. Your accounting professional is also another excellent resource.
Chris Worby is a Trusted Regina based financial advisor and Wealth Management services provider servicing local Regina households and businesses. Since 2001, Chris has been committed to providing a high standard of financial service to individuals, families and business owners. Chris listens and provides a personalized financial plan.